Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Alarm Bells!

This escaped my attention last year.

This is what you get from mainstream newspapers,

Sarawak to Build 12 Dams to meet Future Power Needs
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/23/nation/21894319&sec=nation

This, they choose to ignore,

‘Green’ dams hasten rape of Borneo forests
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article5908207.ece

I'm not the most eloquent of speechwriters, so I can only go 'wthwthwthwth'.

I am aware of environmentalists and their 'extremists' predispositions,
but,
12 dams in Sarawak when you've made a white elephant out of the Bakun Dam,
no weaker excuse than this to make more money for yourself Taib.

How tempting it is, to go 'screw you and your cronies', but I shall restrain.
breathjennybreathe.

Oh, I only realised this 3 days ago whilst researching for my paper,
The great divide between West and East Malaysians.
This I will save for another day.

~~~

It just hit me,

My dad once told me of how a friend of his was blacklisted from entering Sarawak, because of how he was a anti-logging protester/activist of sorts,

If I recall correctly, it came as a warning from my claims as a 15 year old, that one day, 'I'm going to save the forests of Borneo'.

ahh, the naivety in my speech.

Its never too late.


No comments: