Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pry Me Away.

I signed up for an Ultimate League which plays every Monday night.

First I thought it was going to be a breeze, how hard can catching a flying disc be right?

Think again, combine the elements ; NO CLEATS :( + 6 feet tall male giants + Colombians who have spent 3/4 of their life playing competitively + game play jargons and throw ME into the equation, you get a headless chook on the field getting yelled at from the sidelines for losing my marked player multiple times during the night.

The point of this post is not to boast of how much fun I'm having from my involvement in a team sport, on the contrary, its been an extremely painful experience. Cracked nails, aching glutes and near-hernias' they heal, but the knocks to the ego, they're permanent, and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Reminder: Always strive to remove oneself from your comfort zone.

No comments: