Thursday, February 21, 2008

you know I'm such a fool for you.

i miss my 14 year old self.

The one who had to be forced out of bed at 7 every morning. The one who clutches her pilsy from house to house, and falls asleep on the rocking chair in mama's and only wakes for breakfast at 8.00. The one who then stumbles back to the rocking chair, falls asleep and only wakes in time to shower and to have lunch prepared by her aunt who slaved over the stove the entire mornng, while her butt was conveniently glued to the rocking chair before aunty bus shows up at mama's doorstep at 11.45.

I miss my 16 year old self.

The one who gets back from school. Showers and then seats herself at the marble table waiting to be served. Then with her hair wet, falls asleep on the rocking chair after reading the day's papers, only to be found by Mama, who will then heckle her about going to sleep with her hair wet. Then as she slept, Mama will fan her with her tiny kipas, to spare her from 'tau fong', or in its literal translation, head wind, when she's 40 and greying.

My nearest and dearest.
My mama and kuche.
: )

No comments: